As the Ministry of Health battles to forestall any further spread of the disease around the Nation,we the citizens of Nigeria must be cautious by praticising responsible personal hygiene.
Below are things we must do to contain the spread of the COVID-19:
- Clean your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub to kill the virus on the skin.
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or flexed elbow.
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu like symptoms eg fever, chills, muscle aches, cough, congestion, runny nose, headaches and fatigue.In short,maintain at least 1 metre(3 feet) distance between yourself and that person.
- Thoroughly cook meat and eggs.
- Avoid unprotected contact with live animals as Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and people.
- Avoid touching eyes,nose and mouth because the hand touches many surfaces and can pick up the virus.
- If you have fever,cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care immediately.
- Do not engage in self-medication.
- Call NCDC toll free number which is available day and night, for guidance- 0800-970000-10.
- Stay abreast on the latest developments about COVID-19 through official channels on TV and Radio, including the Lagos State Ministry of Health, NCDC and Federal Ministry of Health.